Thursday 24 October 2013

Today I'm Reading.... In The Park

“Is the spring coming?" he said. "What is it like?"..."It is the sun shining on the rain and the rain falling on the sunshine...” Frances Hodgson Burnett (The Secret Garden)

In case you hadn't noticed, the sun has FINALLY decided to come out in London, and it seems to have put everyone in a really brilliant mood! I decided to take a wander round Piccadilly at lunchtime and ended up stumbling upon a little square patch of green in St James.  I picked myself a spot by some suitably sunny daffodils and pulled out my kindle for a quick half hour read.


Today's book of choice was the second book in The Hunger Games trilogy Catching Fire.  I first read The Hunger Games after my little cousin left a copy of hers at my grandparents house, short of reading material it was a toss up between Katniss and Co and Paul O'Grady's autobiography... needless to say The Hunger Games won. I had it finished within 2 days and downloaded the next two books right away- hello, my name is Lauren and I am a Hunger Games addict! I've even got the boyfriend on board after he ran out of things to do on holiday and 'borrowed' my kindle - I didn't get it back for the rest of the trip and he was the first one to suggest we go and see the film when it came out!  The detail that the books go into is incredible and the world of Panem and the serpentine President Snow that Lewis has created is bleakly terrifying and yet worryingly familiar.

I can't think of a better way to spend a Tuesday lunchtime, here's hoping the weather decides to stay like this for the whole of Spring so I can come back and read in the sunshine some more!




No comments :

Post a Comment