Wednesday 15 January 2014

Today I'm Reading; Something Dangerous by Penny Vincenzi

Being stuck on the Overground for over an hour on your way home from work is every Londoner's nightmare! Normally, I would have joined the red-faced commuters angrily tweeting TFL and vowing NEVER to pay for a season ticket again! But not today, today I happily sat there (yes I luckily snagged a seat) completely engrossed in the second book from the best-selling Spoils of Time trilogy from Penny Vincenzi


This isn't the first time I've read Something Dangerous, in fact it's probably about the 21st time! About 10 years ago on holiday with my family in Spain, I finished Angus Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging and short of other options, stole my mum's beach read which just so happened to be the book above. With no glaringly obvious sex romps and graphic murders (I wasn't so lucky snaffling her Martina Cole's), mum let me read on and I discovered a family saga so engaging, colourful and entwined with history that every time I read it I always find something new in the story that I didn't know was there before. 

I downloaded the Lytton saga onto my kindle last week after seeing the book on my housemate's bedside table for research purposes (she works in the very cool world of TV and needed some inspiration for a new costume drama). I'm currently 82% through book 2 and have downloaded Book 3; Into Temptation ready to go when i'm done with Something Dangerous

I'd definitely recommend the Lytton Saga as the perfect introduction to Penny Vincenzi and the fascinating, complex and rich stories that she weaves. You won't be able to put them down, not on the train, sofa or even in the bath!

Happy Reading! 


No comments :

Post a Comment